How to Pack your Bike
What you Need:
- A Prepaid Shipping Label provided by South Tampa Bicycle Co.
- A Bike Box : Your local Bike Shop can usually supply one for free.
- Bubble Wrap and / or Foam Wrap
- Zip Ties
- Packing Tape
- Filler Paper or Packing Foam (newspaper usually works fine)
- Small Clear Bag for accesories and hardware
How to Disassemble your Bike:
- Shift into the highest or easiest gear on your rear derailleur.
- Remove the pedals and front wheel.
- Remove the Handlebars by removing the stem faceplate, pulling bars away and replacing stem faceplate and hardware.
How to Wrap your Bike:
- Use the bubble wrap / foam to wrap the Frame, Forks and Rear Triangle. Secure in place with zip ties or tape.
- Cover and protect fragile areas such as the Rear Derailleur.
- Wrap and secure handlebars to the frame in the same manner.
- When placing the Frame into the box, be sure that no parts of the bike are touching the box without foam or padding in between.
- Place the Front Wheel into the box.
- Place Pedals and any extra hardware into small clear bag.
- Add additional packing paper or foam and be sure that all bike parts are secure.
- Close box and tape any open ends with packing tape. Secure the provided shipping label with clear packing tape; be sure to completely cover label with tape to protect from moisture.
- Bring to any UPS location or contact us to schedule a pickup.